GovPayNet has been processing electronic payments of credit and debit cards on behalf of consumers for government entities for over 14 years. Established by a former Sheriff in 1997 as a privately held company to assist law enforcement agencies in handling cash bail payments by credit card, GovPayNet has expanded its portfolio of managed transactions to include payments to inmate trust, telephone and commissary accounts, probation obligations, restitution payments, electronic monitoring fees, payment of traffic and criminal fines, towing and impound fees, records fees, publicly administered child support, property tax and assessment payments and a wide variety of payments to departments of revenue and treasurers, among others.
What you get with GovPayNet:
- No Cost to Agencies
GovPayNet provides its services at absolutely no cost to participating agencies. Service fees are charged only to the cardholders electing to use the payment options and are fully disclosed in accordance with card association rules. The comfort level we have come to enjoy from our years of successful experience in this specific market segment enables us to determine consumer fees that are among the lowest in the industry.
Additionally, GovPayNet is uniquely positioned to respond to any agency's payment acceptance needs. The company's combination of technology and procedures enables participating agencies to:
- Avoid ALL fee liability
- Avoid ALL chargeback exposure
- Avoid ALL hardware and software costs
- Minimize staff involvement in payment issues
- Distribute payment acceptance services into the community
- Flexible Payment Processing
GovPayNet offers 3 convenient payment options for consumers: On-Site, with Gov$wipe® our Internet-based, patent-pending payment solution, Online & By Phone.
- Secure Processing
GovPayNet's Internet-based transaction processing environment means no cardholder information is kept on the GovPayNet system or the Agency's system. This virtually eliminates the Agency's need to comply with cardholder security rules. GovPayNet complies with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) for Agencies while minimizing to the greatest extent an agency's own PCI DSS compliance burden.
- Finality of Payment
With GovPayNet you get Finality of Payment. We take responsibility for chargebacks. Once a payment is made, it's final!
- Major Credit & Debit Cards Accepted
GovPayNet accepts the major credit and debit card brands including MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
- Convenient Reporting & Tracking
GovPayNet provides comprehensive, flexible reporting tools that agencies can use today to handle integrated reporting and prepares daily reconciliation reports on your agency's behalf, at no cost to your agency.
Over 1,400 government agencies across the country contract with GovPayNet for:
- Cash Bail Payments
- Court Fines & Costs Payments
- Traffic, Speeding & Parking Ticket Payments
- Real Estate & Property Tax Payments
- Many others including payments to inmate trust, telephone and commissary accounts, probation obligations, restitution payments, electronic monitoring fees, towing and impound fees, records fees, publicly administered child support, and a wide variety of payments to departments of revenue and treasurers.